CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

faith

is something that I'm clinging to right now.  My dad was just diagnosed with Merkel Cell carcinoma.  A very rare and aggressive form of skin cancer.  He's had the place taken off his nose, but is going to see an oncologist to find out the next form of treatment and to get a body scan.  I know that skin cancer is most often known for easy treatment and recovery but this is different.  Please just believe with me that the cancer was local and didn't spread into his lymphatic system or anywhere else.  With this type of cancer, that's really not good. 
I just want to say thank you to everyone who keeps up with my blog and ask you to please believe with me that he has no more cancer.  

7 comments:

T Sharee said...

Bethany, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers. You should send a prayer request to Kelly at Kelly's Korner(on my blog list)she has a prayer blog and many prayer warriors on it. Just an idea. Keep us updated.

sophiemac photography said...

Thanks for your prayers tiffany. I will do that.

Rebekah Stanfill said...

Bethany,

I know exactly what you're going through. Prayer does change things. We'll remember you guys for sure.

Rebekah

Cassie said...

Bethany you probably don't know me but I work with Joni at the Diner and I am a BIG fan of your photography. I will keep your dad in my prayers. My mom had a form of skin cancer on her face that she had to have removed and I know how scary it is. I know prayer changes everything!

sophiemac photography said...

Thank you guys. I know that people pray but it's just so comforting to know that there's specific people out there who care and are praying. I love you guys.

Stephanie said...

Bethany,
I am so sorry. I know how stressful it is to hear that your parent has cancer. I don't think I'll ever forget the place I was standing when they told me about mom. I will be praying for you and especially your dad. My heart is breaking for you. Remember, God does all things well.

Leighann Swisher said...

Oh Bethany, I am so sorry. I will certainly keep you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers.

Leighann